Passed Me by Again

Today is a good day, so far.  It remains to be seen how much actually gets done.  Just drinking coffee, thinking about the weather, and wishing I was somewhere else.

Load up the trailer, hook up the truck, get it all done before anyone else can say what, where or why.

I don't think so well in swipe.  My thoughts flow much better in ink, I think.  Still I'm trying to make it work.

I really just want a place for my dogs to run without threat of death or bothering anyone.  Where can I go where we can be left alone.  Where can we go, where we can have some friends over for a nice dinner and maybe a bit of brandy afterwards?

These are the thoughts that run through my head.  I don't think to much about tomorrow.  If only I can achieve some sense of peace.  Some place to call home, that is all we want, without the hassle from the neighbors, or local bureaucrats.

A hot shower, some clean clothes, a stove that works, maybe even a little space to grow a few vegetables.  Oh my would that be a welcome sight.  No one else but us two, and the dogs, maybe a rabbit or two.  Is that so much to ask?

A room where I can work, undisturbed.  A typewriter, do they even make such things anymore?  A bottle of bourbon and some nice tobacco.  There is so much to do to get there.  Everyone is so busy, busy with life, I am just waiting for the end, don't really care about the in-between.  Call me on the telephone, leave a message, and maybe, just maybe, I might return your call.

I don't have a cell phone, but I will have a phone.  You know the type with a cord attached to the wall.  I almost want a rotary.  When did I become such a Luddite?  Leave me be, with my scratchy pen and cheap notebook.  I am generating mysteries for the dime store, though they do not exist anymore.

So I have to format everything to sit on tablets and phablets, and readers and to be read on streams.  I have to chat with the fans, lucky I have none, cause they would be disappointed.  I sit here and think of what might have been, had I just followed my dreams.

It is cold outside, but my lovely wife warms my heart.  I need nothing else.  Do not worry about me.  A little help from my friends, if I had any.  They are out there living their dreams.  Good for them, I am happy for them, truly.  I just sit here waiting, waiting for the end.  Is it still cold outside, or has spring passed me by again.

Peace
JD

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Real Games in Life

Labor Day 9/11