Legalize it All

At some point you were all expecting this post, so here it is.

I have been, and remain an advocate for the decriminalization and outright abatement of all laws pertaining to the use of drugs.  That is to say, I have some personal limits, I feel no need to disclose such here, as my use is my own issue, past and present.  However, that said, my stance has not changed on the use of all substances, considered to be illegal.  This really stems to a deeper level of my stance on the legislation of morality, but that is a ball I am not going to unravel at the moment, too much.

In this "great" country of ours, currently there is this wave of debate as to the legality of cannabis use.  I have read extensive articles, treatises, and scholarly documents on both sides of this debate, and for me there is usually too much passion in either side.  This leads me to take either with a very large dose of skepticism.

First let me state right from the beginning that I advocate for all substances, and do not think that any one of them are better or worse, but that like any substance considered dangerous it is in the user, not the substance.  To much of anything that is toxic can cause issues, to little and it has no effect, so it is the dosage that is important.  Morphine was a boon to medicine, just ask those poor bastards that had to have their limbs cut off before such opiates were used to numb the pain.  It goes without saying, but I will say it anyway, like penicillin, too much of a good thing, can be as bad as too little of nothing.  Now some Buddhist is saying, oh no, the body can handle anything if one just gets into the right place.  That would be good, if we could somehow control our baser reactions, and somehow stop running into an open field and seeing if we can eliminate each other for whatever cracked reason some greedy bastard has decided was appropriate.

I say fuck that, as long as we are human, we will be stupid, and we might as well stop trying to protect the ignorant from themselves.  I have heard the arguments about other people that get hurt, how the drunk driver kills some innocent victim, and so on and so forth.  It goes without saying that I am of the mind that most people are too dam dumb to drive a car, and that we need smarter cars because people keep getting dumber with every wave of idiots that get licenses.

Here's my answer, legalize everything, tax the shit out of it, and then funnel the money into research and education, useful education (if that is possible, but that is another story), and at least that way maybe, just maybe, the problems will solve themselves, or at least we will have found a different way to decrease the surplus population that does not involve sending a bunch of kids out to fight for some pig sluts profit.

Peace
JD


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Real Games in Life

Labor Day 9/11