From: Letters to No One in Particular These friends that you speak of, yes I know them quite well… they are an illusion to me now. I still think of “friends” that were friends once upon a time, far far away. I see their lives play out on the screen from the safety of my monitor, alive, but barely living. Why haven’t we kept in touch, what has changed all that much, I can not say, but it was a long, long ways away. Ah, but I have reached out, here and there, the occasional call, a casual hello, maybe even a conversation sometimes, that will lead to an agreement to meet sometime, but it will never be arranged. We are all too busy with our lives. We have all changed, and grew away from that time, we remember, if we choose to, but most of us choose not to, it wasn't all that pretty even back then. The last time we met, I was too strung out to forget, or I was too sober to compete with anyone’s bet. There were a couple of times I do not regret,...
Friday, April 4, 2014 Well today I am going to have to call the guy about the land, and update him on our progress. Which is to say I will have to stall him while I try to figure out how to raise the money for the down payment. I had thought it was going to be relatively cut and dry, or at least it seemed so, that we were going to the SSA and they would give us the money that they owe Arleta so we could use it to pay the down payment, our first months payment, and still have enough left over to move our stuff. No, not so, instead they want to argue about it, like it was their money, like we were stealing it from them. I mean it is SSI not SSD so I guess it is tax payer money, but really, to the point of being almost belligerent to Arleta, trying to bully her, I mean really, how absurd. I have worked up until October of 2012 when Arleta got really sick, and I had to come off the road to take care of her. With the exception of a few dry months between I ...
It's augmented reality ready for work? My take on it is that not quite. I liked Google glass, but I see the problems. I also see the potential, but it is only one part of the augmented reality. In addition to vision, there needs to be other senses. In addition the devices need to interact with applications, and with the world around us. I am thinking it will take a while, but there are some VR offerings that are getting better, but they lack the ability to interact with the world. It will be a while, but at least things are moving, and that is something. Peace JD
Comments
Post a Comment