Hearts and Spades

There is a point at which one must take apart what one believes to be in order to fully embrace a new paradigm.  This destruction is the creation potential that comes from losing old stuff for new stuff.  Not that everything new is better, our that everything old is useless, but that stagnation is a slow but inevitable death, maybe.

I say maybe because we do not know the value of such potential.  We are not aware of anything that would be remotely like stagnation.  Though it is true we have not progressed much socially, still squabbling over grains of sand, living in caves, that sort of thing, we have technically advanced, perhaps faster than we should have.

We now call our technology smart, it is not!  It has a long way to go before it is smart.  Smart is something we continue to struggle with, how is it possible we could create technology that is smarter than ourselves.  Even the brightest of our people fall short of creating anything that could be considered truly revolutionary.  We are still at the destroy everything stage.  When we learn to use our creative energy to uplift our world, that will be a truly innovative progression.

Still I'm not above liking gadgets and shiny things.  You could take all of them away and I would not miss them all that much.  If I lose everything else and still have my wife and my dogs, I will survive, I will thrive, because I have not forgotten what matters most.  Have you?

Peace

JD

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Real Games in Life

Labor Day 9/11