Agent Roads

As a very impatient type, I guess I will wait one more week to hear from the agent and if I get no response I will crank up the word processor again and reformat the novel for Kindle.

It has been a long trip waiting on agents, and while I appreciate the work they have to do, I am inclined to believe that after a month if they haven't got back to me, the conclusion is going to be less than positive.

I am inclined to think that if it is a piece they absolutely have to have they respond fairly quickly.  Consequently if it is one they want personally write the rejection letter for, they will be quite a while, otherwise they probably send out a standard form rejection to most of the stuff that crosses their desk.

Can't say I blame them, with hundreds maybe even thousands of submissions a week, if the piece doesn't grab them right away, but it isn't so bad they can't get past the first twelve mistakes, well I guess that is why it takes them a couple of weeks to respond.  Since it has been a decent amount of time, I think another week is six weeks, i think it is time to implement plan b, self publish on Amazon.

I won't go into the details of why I was trying to get an agent, but suffice to say that I felt my work was of a quality that it could use the services of an agent.  I sometimes think in my smug self image that it is their loss, but I know they will not lose any sleep over it, and I am tired of losing sleep over it.

I really liked this guy, he really seemed the guy to help me represent my body of work, but I guess like most things, it comes down to doing it myself.

I will of course be posting updates and such once the book is available on Kindle.  Thank you for sharing this journey with me.

Peace
JD

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Real Games in Life

Labor Day 9/11