Super Funky Junk Drawer

So hey now what is going on out there in the real world. I have been so long here behind this screen, that I am not sure what is happening and what is just internet cream. I live in this virtual world now, with flashes of the real, when I go out to the store once in a while, but most times I see nothing but the same old rhythm and blues.

I remember years ago, when I was not so cold, I used to shout about the boot stomping hypocrites and politicos. I incited the kids of the day to go out into the streets and take back their neighborhoods. This was a reaction to a bunch of shootings that occurred on S. Colvin Street back when I was just a babe of 24 years of age. I was writing full time, and had a small music production business (we did not find much worth producing then, bad timing), so I was deeply involved in the arts of the area, and in reading poetry whenever I could get away with it. Those were the days my friends, I thought they would end in my demise, but it turns out I am still alive, well living, sometimes I wonder how alive I really am.

The Sheep Afield
I see the sea of crap that surfaces on the web, I do not even bother with the local news, it is all too much fluff and circumstance, and wonder is it really that bad out there in the real world. Where I live now I am insulated from most of the crap, it is a small community, with very little going on. So I listen to the fear and loathing from the pundits of the blogosphere and wonder is it really as bad as they say. My twitter is full of doom and gloom, yet tech companies continue to innovate, why if the society were just about to implode would they even bother with such investment, if they did not have hope.

Maybe the old guard of the military industrial complex are desperately trying to hang on to the world of wars and psychopaths, I do not know it might not end well, if old men still run around in their underwear swearing they are the rulers of the world. I do not know the outcome of this, I just know that whatever is happening, I am I guess blissfully unaware. Maybe I have fallen too far into cynicism to even care. Whatever the case may be, I think it is time I took a step outside these walls, and from behind this screen, and went a little further than the barn, so maybe I can see what is really out there. Ah, but I really think it would be more of the same old shoot’em up and same old song and dance.

Peace
JD

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Real Games in Life

Labor Day 9/11