Advice on Writing

The problem I have with advice, especially writing advice is that it usually is something that I think at the time makes a lot of sense, but when it comes to actually writing, generally I find that the "rules" by which I am supposed to be constrained to, do not work for me.  I get that often my writing could be better if it were a little more concise, or less wordy anyways.  Often though that is the tone of the character, and to trim them too much would disrupt their voice.  I only hope that what I write will be enjoyable to the readers, and sometimes I do not even care about that.

Funny how sometimes I write because I know that other people will read it, and sometimes I write only because I want to have this other voice.  I do not know if one mood is better than the other, but I do know that at the end of the day, it is really quite the same, for me anyways.

For me writing is like breathing, I do it because that is what I do, though it is not always done well, sometimes I am gasping for air, and it seems like I am writing for all the wrong reasons, and sometimes it seems like I am breathing the cleanest air there is, and it is all flowing like water through a old growth forest, pristine and clear.  Then there are the times when I do not even know I am breathing, and the words flow like someone else is moving my fingers, or the pen, whatever the method, sometimes it feels like I am not even here.  I like it best when I wake up from the dream, and what I have written seems new even to me.

Peace
JD

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Real Games in Life

Labor Day 9/11