Another Fey Tail




Quite a long time ago, for you see I am older than I report, I happened upon a place in the wood, not unlike many that you have most likely seen. Having traveled quite a ways for a day, I concluded that this little clearing would be a perfect place to rest and have my dinner before the sun bowed its head. It is so much harder to set a fire when there is no light to see by you know. So I dismounted my dapple grey mare, and removed her bit, so she would have nothing in the way of her dinner as well. I was gathering the supplies for a nice little fire, when I noticed right in the middle of the clearing was a fire all ready to ignite. Well I thought, that was odd, as I had not seen this when I first looked, but how thoughtful of the last traveler to this place. It was then I decided that I too would return the favor, and ensure that I set the pit with fresh wood before I left the next morn. I finished gathering wood, so I would have some for the fire this night, and plenty for the morn, to give back what had been presented to me.

You see it did not occur to me at first thought, that maybe that pit had not been set, maybe it had been set while I was out gathering wood and tinder, but that at the time had not entered my mind. I was thinking about warming my rabbit stew and bread, not so much about what had been before I came.


This is a short excerpt of an upcoming work I will be publishing on Amazon, hopefully just before Christmas. I am most of the way through the first part, and will if need be publish that as soon as I can, so I can provide you all with something for Christmas this year.  Of course as usual I will publish the link to this post on the social sites, as well as once the link is ready for where the entire book can be purchased.  I don't expect it to be available in anything but electronic format, but maybe, we'll have to see.  If more information is available I will update it here, if I can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Real Games in Life

Labor Day 9/11