First Photographs Salmon River Falls, Orwell, NY

Bet you never thought I would get to this. Well I am posting the first of many photographs I have made with my father-in-law's digital camera. I really didn't think I would get anything with a digital camera.
This first photograph was manipulated in GIMP on Ubuntu hardy. I didn't do much to it, just converted it to gray scale because I thought it lent it self to the look of Panalure, but it doesn't have the grain structure of Panalure. I still have a bunch of photographs to work on, so I will be posting them soon. I will also post the full color version of this photograph later as well. It was taken at Salmon River Falls, in Orwell, NY.
I have to say I am impressed enough with the quality that I may actually buy a digital camera, but I won't be throwing away film yet, as it is the only true way to get real black and white (silver) images, but for now I don't have a darkroom anyways, so GIMP has to be my darkroom. This was taken on a Kodak EasyShare CX7530 5.0mp viewfinder camera, using the viewfinder because the screen is weird on this camera. I will look to rent a couple of different SLR digital cameras to see which one I like, but from what I read so far the Nikons are ahead of the rest.
There was no cropping of the image except that which was done by my eye when composing it. This is in effect a direct contact print, as I would do from a color negative to Polycontrast RC paper, only at the size of the frame of the digital camera. So in case your asking, can it be done, yes, could it be better, yes, but this is a fast print just to see how it looks, I will work with the prints later to see what can be done with it. The sky could have used some shadows burned in, but I didn't feel like it at the moment. That's all for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Real Games in Life